Do you know the symptoms of adrenal fatigue?
Do your patients report any of the following:
- Tired for no reason?
- Trouble getting up in the morning?
- Need coffee or colas to keep going?
- Feel run down and stressed?
- Crave salty or sweet snacks?
- Struggling to keep up with life’s daily demands?
- Can’t bounce back from stress or illness?
- Not having fun anymore?
- Decreased sex drive?
If they answer “yes” to at least one of these questions, then they may be suffering from adrenal fatigue (reprinted with permission from Dr. James Wilson’s AdrenalFatigue.org).
And what is adrenal fatigue?
It is a syndrome that occurs when the adrenal gland functions at a sub-normal level, mainly due to the effects of chronic stress.
To learn more about the signs and symptoms of the syndrome, listen to a preview of our interview with James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD, who is part of our Clinical Applications of Mind Body Medicine: New Thinking About Stress and the Remarkable Power of PNI teleseminar series.
The agenda for the full interview includes:
- Adrenal fatigue: the signs and symptoms
- Lifestyle variables that affect adrenal fatigue
- Why the diagnosis of adrenal fatigue is so challenging
- Why adrenal fatigue is a perfect example of psychoneuroimmunology
- 4 lifestyle changes that have a powerful effect on the treatment of adrenal fatigue
- Mindfulness practices in the treatment of adrenal fatigue
- The evolutionary role of trauma in the origin of adrenal fatigue
To view the full interview, all you need to do is sign up here.
How do you manage chronic stress in your treatments?
Please leave a comment.