Treating Trauma's Wounds:What Every Practitioner Needs to Know
There's no denying it.
We are surrounded by the ravages of trauma. We can't help but notice how so many are broken in body, mind, and spirit.
Because trauma is so pervasive, we need an extraordinary toolbox of skills to use in its treatment. Unless we continue developing our skills to treat this complex spectrum of unresolved trauma, we're not doing the best we can by our patients.
So what exactly are the most effective skills and applications for treating trauma?
To help us find answers to these questions, we went to the experts.
That became the inspiration for this compelling teleseminar series.
Healing trauma's wounds is a 6-part, power-packed teleseminar series that takes trauma treatment to the next level.
How to Learn from the Unspoken Voice of Trauma
Peter Levine, PhD
- The Dual Nature of Trauma: Destructive Power or Power of Transformation?
- Brain Science: Balancing Instinct and Reason for Trauma Resolution
- Why Direct Confrontation Isn't the Answer for Trauma Treatments
- A Somatic Experiencing Program for Healing Trauma
- Why Behaviors and Memories Can't be Changed by Thought Alone
- How to Build Stress Resilience in Children
- The Traumatized Individual: From Paralysis to Transformation
- The Body as Storyteller
Psychological First Aid: Diagnosis and Prevention of PTSD
Matthew Friedman, MD, PhD
- Risk Factors for Developing PTSD: What We Know About Who is Most Likely to Get Traumatized
- The Neurobiology of Trauma: A Brief Tour of What Happens in the Brain During Stress
- How to Administer First Aid for Trauma
- Community Response to Disaster: What Civilians Can Learn From the Military About Trauma Prevention
- Screening for PTSD: 4 Simple Questions
- A Look Ahead: How Will PTSD be Covered in the Upcoming DSM-V
Mind-Brain-Body Healing of Trauma:
The Neurobiology of Attachment
Allan N. Schore, PhD
- The Role of Attachment in the Development of the Brain
- Attunement: The Key to Building Stress Resilience
- The Role of Attachment in Developing Right Brain Coping Mechanisms
- Right Brain Approaches for Treating Insecure Attachment and Developmental Relational Trauma
Body-Mind-Spirit Integration: Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Treating Trauma
Pat Ogden, PhD
- Why Words Aren't Enough to Treat Trauma
- Why Integration is the Name of the Game
- How to Expand the Window of Tolerance
- What to Avoid When Treating Trauma
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy's 3-Phase Treatment Approach
- Skills for Working with the Body in the Present
Rethinking PTSD: A Blueprint for Treating Complex Trauma
Mary Jo Barrett, MSW
- Treating Complex Trauma in Children
- Special Considerations when Treating Incest Survivors
- A 3-Stage Model for Tailoring Treatment
- Exploring the Collaborative Cycle of Change
- Protecting Sacred Work: Responding to Compassion Fatigue
The Polyvagal Theory for Treating Trauma
Stephen W. Porges, PhD
- What Practitioners Need to Know About Trauma and the Nervous System
- Brain vs. Body Emphasis for Trauma Treatments: What the Polyvagal Theory Tells Us
- How the Polyvagal Theory Refines our Understanding of Trauma
- What Does PTSD Have in Common With Autism Disorders?
- The Application of Polyvagal Theory to the Understanding and Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Treatment Implications from the Vagus Nerve
Please take advantage of our special Gold Package.
With the Gold Package you'll get:
- Downloadable recordings that you can keep permanently in your professional library
- Professionally formatted PDF transcripts of each interview for you to refer to and even
personalize with your own notes
- 3 additional bonus sessions
With this Special Gold Package, you'll have the invaluable advantage of repetition. Listen as often as you like and refer back whenever you want. Practioners have told us over and over again how repetition is the key to intergrating knowledge and application into their work.
|6 Downloadable audios of each expert interview to keep for your professional library||$174 Value|
|6 Professionally-formatted transcripts of each interview||$90 Value|
|3 Extra bonus sessions to enhance and complement the main 6 interviews||$87 Value|
|3 Extra bonus session transcripts||$45 Value|
You can get the total Gold Package that includes 8 CE/CME credits for only $227. This represents more than a 46% savings off the total package value of $426.
Or you can get the total Gold Package without the 8 CE/CME credits for $197.
3 FREE BONUSES FOR YOU!
with a Gold Subscription
A Hands-On Approach to Treating Trauma and Building Resilience
Glenn R. Schiraldi, PhD
- How to Enhance Trauma Resilience
- The Link Between PTSD and Addiction and How to Break It
- A Mindfulness Approach to Treating Trauma
- How to Manage Trauma Symptoms
- Special Topics for Treating Military Personnel
- What First Responders Need to Know About Trauma
Trauma Healing with EFT
Carol Look, LCSW
- Looking at Trauma from an Energy Perspective
- Guidelines for Incorporating EFT into Trauma Treatments
- Self Care for the Trauma Practitioner
How to Heal the Trauma Caused by Incest, Rape, and Other Events
Christine A. Courtois, PhD
- What Practitioners Need to Know about Incest
- The Role of Taboo in Addressing and Treating Incest Wounds
- How to Treat Trauma Resulting from Incest
We're about giving you answers to your most pressing questions and helping you move beyond your most nagging frustrations. . .
- How do I get the information I need? How do I link trauma treatment into my practice?
- How can I simplify complex ideas so my patients can integrate them into their own lives?
- How do I get my patients away from the expectation of the "quick fix"?
- How do I keep up with best practice?
"It has been inspiring to listen to the NICABM presentations; both for the academic as well as practical things learned...The NICABM has become a brilliant resource for my professional growth. The programs over the years have consistently 'hit a sweet spot' with me and the resonance continues to enliven my approach to helping people live fuller lives."
"I found this webinar...particularly helpful with regard to interventions depending on attachment type...I am particularly interested in finding out more about the polyvagal and dorsal symptoms and the activation of the sympathetic nervous system in depression... Many thanks."
"This series has been helpful in synthesizing the observations I have made while working with individuals who are suffering from relational trauma at the hands of the group (mob). Helping my clients visualize a fulfilling relationship with a social group may be an intervention that will help with the telling of their story."
"I very much appreciated the emphasis on body awareness, the metaphors and use of mythology, as well as Peter's immense personal commitment to this work. I look forward to further deepening my understanding of trauma in coming sessions, many thanks for this high quality series."
Trauma treatment can take your patients to new levels of emotional and physical well-being, even overcoming traumas that may have been haunting them for years.
We've seen practitioners fall short of achieving their goals with patients... and we've also seen practitioners succeed.
And the difference? Practitioners who succeed:
- continue to learn
- build new skills and gain confidence
- listen to experts at the forefront
- tune-in and update their skills on a regular basis
Here's what people have said about our past teleseminars
"This series of seminars was extremely informative and exciting. Each seminar provided an opportunity to learn about the topic from some of the leaders in the field. As always. Ruth did a wonderful job with her interviews and asked so many of the questions that we would all want to hear the answers. Being in Australia, it was extremely helpful being able to listen to the replays in my own time and to later have access to the written transcripts when I came across a situation in my practice where this knowledge was relevant. Thank you so much for a great series...This knowledge is vital for anyone working with clients to help them make changes in their lives."
"Amazing teleseminars! Everything I have listened to has been exactly the "meat" I will need when I complete my studies. Getting to hear firsthand the new science and discoveries of the brain is beyond exciting - it is just phenomenal. Thank you."
"How extraordinary to be present - crossing time zones and cultures - and completely captivated by the wisdom converging here. It is clear to me as I work in practice with individuals traumatized by profound loss or suffering...that the first catalyst in this "firing" and "wiring" process is relational."
Through valuable sessions, our line-up of experts can get you onboard with the VERY BEST...
The 2011 Trauma Treatment Series brought a never-before group of experts together.
You'll see how their applications can have a direct impact . . . how they can change the work you do.
The interviews are candid, in depth, and far-reaching.
They will reveal how you can use the latest trauma treatments in your work.
What can you expect to get from this new series?
- Power-packed interviews with leaders in the field
- Total focus on learning and skill building that you can implement immediately
- Hands-on examples on how you can bring healing to unresolved trauma wounds
Mind/Body Medicine is making new in-roads and setting a new standard in the treatment of trauma...
So often, we find that previous tried-and-true approaches are just not keeping up.
As a matter of fact, we've seen where talk-therapy, a long-practiced approach, can so often re-traumatize.
So that's where the new thinking is making a difference. It's bringing new vision and even re-vision to some of the more traditional approaches to make our over-all trauma treatments so much more in keeping with research findings.
And with that, we can expect more effective outcomes in the hands of more highly skilled practitioners.
The new applications are most compelling - it won't take long before you discover just how significantly trauma treatment has changed.
If these new ideas that are showing such promising success are not a part of our practitioner toolbox, then your patients will simply miss out.
Few would argue that trauma treatments are on a new trajectory. You'll want to be there with the experts who are leading the way.
Get in on these fast-paced, idea-filled conversations with six of my colleagues, experts in the field who are developing innovative approaches that can free patients from trauma's unyielding grip and bring healing to long-entrenched wounds.
You'll hear about the same kind of patients who come into your practice. Their symptoms and complaints will be familiar, but you'll get the latest approaches, and so many of those are coming right out of the new brain science. With that knowledge, practitioners can pin-point and treat what we now know as "the trauma centers" of the brain.
Through these calls with the experts, we drilled-deep into topics such as:
- How brain development impacts resilience or vulnerability to trauma
- Using what we know about Brain Science to balance instinct and reason for trauma resolution
- Interventions that can move the traumatized patient from paralysis to transformation
- Diagnosis and prevention of PTSD
- How trauma, attachment, and trauma treatment are integral to the healing process
- How to build stress resiliency at a young age
- What to avoid when treating trauma
- How to treat without further traumatizing the patient
- How the Polyvagal has redefined our understanding of trauma and why that matters
- How affect regulation impacts mind-brain-body healing
Our mission is to change the way medicine is practiced.
If you share in this mission, then take a look at these sessions and see how they might make a difference in the work that you do.
This Teleseminar Series is for you if:
- you are looking to diversify your skills...
- you are looking to add more expertise to your practice...
- you are looking for that edge that puts your practice at the top...
- you are looking for more effective results for your patients...
Never has there been a more urgent time to learn as much as we can about the treatment of trauma.
Too many, disconnected and lost, suffer from trauma's devastation.
The challenge is here - it's up to us. Using up-to-date methods, we can cut to the core of unresolved trauma and bring new hope to the patients seek our help and healing.
But that's only if you know HOW!
So why not learn from the very best?
Our line-up of experts can get you onboard with the VERY BEST...
Sign up NOW Before the Price Goes Up!
"The Trauma Treatment Teleseminar Series"
We invite you to register for a gold subscription to this webinar without any risk. Unless you are completely satisfied, we will refund your money. Just let us know within 30 days. We are that confident that you will find this information to be more than you expected.
P.S. Turn your practice into a magnet for the largest segment of the population seeking medical treatment.
P.P.S. This series is crucial if you are going to influence people and ideas.