We can’t control the brain we’re born with, but we can control the brain we end up with.
And according to Sharon Begley, there are two forces that shape our brain throughout life.
Sharon Begley is the Senior Health & Science Correspondent at Reuters and co-author of The Emotional Life of Your Brain with Richard Davidson, PhD.
Watch below as she talks about these two forces.
As Sharon said, that’s neuroplasticity!
We’ll get into a whole lot more about ways to change the brain in our interview with Sharon.
You can watch the entire interview Wednesday night as part of the New Brain Science 2012 series, when we’ll also discuss:
- The six emotional styles of the brain and what that means for your clients
- Emotional types involved with autism and depression
- Techniques for working with the brain’s emotional style
- The power of neuroplasticity for treating stroke and Tourette’s Syndrome
- Three interventions to strengthen neuroplasticity
You can listen for free at the time of broadcast, you just have to sign up.
Do you have a neuroplasticity story of your own? Please leave a comment below.