Paranoia. Flashbacks. Nightmares.
Symptoms like these only scratch the surface of the daily struggle that people afflicted with posttraumatic stress (PTS) experience.
Just getting through an average day can be agonizing – and people suffering sometimes turn to harmful methods of self-treatment that can compound their torment.
But according to US Congressman Tim Ryan, there’s hope . . . and one effective option for relief is mindfulness meditation.
Tim is a vocal supporter of mindfulness, and he’s seen how it can impact people coping with the anguish of PTS . . . and why it may even be a way we can stop PTS in its tracks.
Check out this short (2:36) video for more.
Understanding how mindfulness can ease even the most distressing conditions can inspire the ways we integrate it into our work.
During the full webinar this Wednesday, Tim will be telling us more about why the impact of mindfulness practice is spreading rapidly, and how it’s transforming lives from kindergarten classrooms to corporate boardrooms.
Here’s a look at what you’ll hear about:
• The Unexpected Meeting of Politics and Mindfulness
• Transforming School Curriculums Through Mindfulness
• Improving Medicine (While Saving Money) Through Mindfulness
• The Importance of Mindfulness for a Politically Divided Nation
• Mindful Warriors: What Mindfulness Can Do for America’s Soldiers
• Google and More: How Mindfulness Can Transform the Economy
It’s free to watch the webinar at the time of broadcast, you just have to sign up here.
Have you ever introduced mindfulness to a patient coping with PTS? If so, please share your experience in the comments.