10 Continuing Education Credits
Available for NICABM’s Brain Science Webinar Series 2013
Please read carefully! We need your cooperation in following the procedures set up by the sponsoring organizations.
- You must verify that you have listened to all 10 teleseminars in their entirety.
- At the end of the series, you must complete the CE/CME Final Report Form and the Final Evaluation Form.
- You must also complete a multiple choice test on the teleseminars.
- A link to all forms will be provided to you.
NICABM, as the approved sponsor, maintains responsibility for the program and must abide by each board’s continuing education guidelines.
NICABM is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) to provide continuing education for psychologists (provider # 470, expires 8/2017)
- NICABM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- NICABM designates this enduring material for a maximum of 10 credit hours in category 1 toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
- This program meets the California Board of Behavioral Sciences qualifications for 10 hours of continuing education credit for MFCC’s and/or LCSW’s. (PCE 237-Exp. 6/15)
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Approved Provider #50-2010(Exp. 3/15)
- This program has been approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses (CEP 11900-Exp. March 31, 2017) for 10 contact hours.
- NICABM is accredited by the ACCME. Therefore, nurses certified through ANCC are able to use NICABM’s programs to fulfill 50% of their CS requirements.
NICABM is recognized by:
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Approved Provider #50-2010 (Exp. 3/15)
- The National Institute for the Clinical Applications of Behavioral Medicine is an National Board for Certified Counselors-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. (provide #5381 EXP. 7/1/18)
- This program meets the California Board of Behavioral Sciences qualifications for 10 hours of continuing credit for MFCC’s and LCSW’s. (PCE 237-Exp. 6/15)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Family Therapist Board (#RCSO 30801 Exp. 01/17)
Marriage and Family Therapists
- This program meets the California Board of Behavioral Sciences qualifications for 10 hours of continuing education credit for MFCC’s and LCSW’s. (PCE 237-Exp. 6/15)
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Approved Provider #50-2010 (Exp. 3/31/15)
The New Brain Science, a teleseminar series originated in January 2013. The termination date is January 2016. Participants must apply for CME within one year of registering in the series.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
It is the policy of the National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of our programs. In keeping with this, all speakers and staff participating in NICABM sponsored programs are expected to disclose to the participants any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of the CE/CME program. This pertains to relationships with other companies whose products or services are related to the subject matter of the presentation topic. Potential conflicts of interest were documented and resolved. If disclosure was refused, the speaker/staff member was disqualified from participation. Potential conflicts of interest are disclosed below. Each individual in question has agreed that they will not promote any product, device, service, or training program with which they are associated.
The speaker listed below has a relationship with outside interests, as indicated. The potential conflicts of interest created by the stated relationships were resolved in accordance with this policy.
Rudolph Tanzi, PhD – Consultant: Eisai, Prana, Genomind, Abide, Probio Drug; Grant/Research Support: NIH, Cure Alzheimer’s Fund; Major Stock Shareholder (5% or more): Neurogenetic Pharmaceuticals
The following individuals have indicated that they have no conflicts of interest:
Bonnie Badenoch, MA, LMFT
Joan Borysenko, PhD
Louis Cozolino, PhD
Norman Doidge, MD
Rick Hanson, PhD
Marsha Lucas, PhD
Kelly McGonigal, PhD
Bill O’Hanlon, MS
Stephen Porges, PhD
Ronald Siegel, PsyD
Dan Siegal, MD
Pat Ogden, PhD
The planners and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationship to disclose.